If your remote control is programmed to operate your television, then turn your television on as follows:
1. Press the remote TV button and then press the power button. Be sure the television itself is on the assigned input.
2. If your STB is off, press the STB, PVR, or VOD button (depending on which button you have on your remote control). Then press the power button to turn the STB on.
Trouble Shooting Problems
Problem: Snowy picture or no picture.
1. Check to see if you have inadvertently turned the television or video box off.
2. Check to see if you changed the input channel for the video from channel 3 (or 4), or your assigned audio/video input.
(a) If you use two remote controls to control your TV and Video service, use the remote control that came with your television to change the channel back to 3 (or 4) or press the INPUT button for the proper input connection to your television from your set top box. Press the down arrow channel button until you find your proper channel to bring back the picture.
(b) If you use one remote control for the television and the ADB brand video set top box, select the TV button and then press the AV button to change the input selection on your remote control.
Problem: No picture, lost picture, or fading picture after you have checked for the correct channel:
1. Check the Modem/Router (the dark gray box with blue on the front) to see that the ADSL link light is solid green. (see fig. 1)
2. If the light is not solid green (while leaving the television turned on), turn the modem off using the toggle switch on the back of the box. Leave it off for at least 10
seconds. Turn it back on.
3. When the ADSL light is solid green, your picture should return.
Problem: After resetting the Modem/Router, the picture and/or audio does not improve or come back:
1. Unplug the AC from the back of the set top box, (see fig. 2 and 3) and wait 5 seconds.
2. Plug the unit back in. With ADB set top boxes, the blue/black screen will be followed by a series of blue dots.
3. NOTE: Your screen will go black for 60 seconds during this process. Do not press any buttons during this time. When the screen message returns, it will say Loading Resources. The video should return after that.
Problem: Only certain channels come in when using the up and down arrows to scroll the channels:
1. You are likely on Favorites, which is your selected group of channels.
2. Push the GUIDE button. (It’s called ACTION on the ADB remote). You will see file folder tabs for All, Favorites, and Subscribed as you push the button again. Choose All.
ABD 5810 DVR
Digital TV Set
Digital TV Set
If you have tried each of the above steps and you still do not have a picture or audio or are still having trouble, please contact Richland-Grant Telephone Cooperativeat 611 or 608-537-2461. 24/7 Toll Free Trouble Number: 536-HELP, 537-HELP, 538-HELP, 624-HELP, 735-HELP. Contact these same numbers for closed caption concerns or fax to 608-537-2222 or email email@example.com. For immediate concerns, you mayreach the after hours on-call technician by dialing 310 or 608-537-2463. Further complaints about closed captioning issues may be addressed to Bradley Welp, General Manager, using the above contact information, or the complaint may be mailed to P.O. Box 67, Blue River, WI 53518.